GOOD SAMARITAN AWARD
- To be awarded to the person who first initiates action to assist another in a critical time of need. It is immaterial whether or not the person helped is a member of the Good Sam Club or an RVer.
- Award to be limited to situations such as lending a hand in time of unexpected crisis. A crisis situation might be a sudden death, illness, natural disaster, or a non-travel accident.
- The nominee must have displayed courage, generosity, love and fellowship ABOVE AND BEYOND that normally expected In the described situation.
- Facts relating to nominees for this award will be forwarded to the State Director.
- The State Director will refer all nominations to the Awards Committee if necessary. The Awards Committee or director will select the best qualified individuals or couples to receive the award. (Not limited to one individual or one couple.)
- The award presentation will be made at the Annual Texas Rally by the Director if possible. If not at the Rally, after approval by the State Director, the award may be presented by an Assistant State Director at an appropriate time and place.
- Details of the award presentation will be forwarded to the HIGHWAYS magazine by the State Director.
- The award will consist of an appropriately designed and inscribed patch or pin suitable for wear on vest or jacket.
- The patch or pin and title of the award were selected to recognize that the person receiving the award is a dedicated member of Good Sam, who exemplifies the Good Samaritan ideals through his actions.